Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny
Cluny School is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny, an international missionary congregation of religious composed of approximately 3000 women from 70 different nations with communities located in 50 different countries. Continuing the legacy of their foundress, Blessed Anne-Marie Javouhey, whose vision of education rested upon the recognition of the equal dignity of all people, the North American province of the Cluny Sisters founded Cluny School in 1957.
From its beginning, when Mother Angela Shartz became the school’s first headmistress, the Cluny Sisters have staffed and supported the school. Today, the Cluny Sisters continue to provide leadership on the school’s Board of Directors and Trustees.
To learn more about the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny, click here.